Looking for the best 3D printers for home or professional use? Are your unable to decide which printer is the best for you?
Here you will find the top 10 3D printers which will work best for you under reasonable price. This is an in-depth and detailed guide. So you can either skip to the sections which you think are relevant to you, or you may be go through the whole guide to get a full picture before you can make any buying decision.
3D Printer Dimensions Pros Cons Makergear M2 3D
254mm x 203mm x 203 mm ⦁ Reliable, flexible and powerful ⦁ No LCD Screen Check Price
Flash forge creator pro 22.1 x 19.3 x 16.3 inches ⦁ Warranty, lifetime support, STL files, ABS, PLA
⦁ Less durable Check Price
LulzBot Mini 17 x 22 x 19 inches ⦁ Free support, Creative Designs
⦁ Not easy to use
Flash forge dreamer 5 x 5.9 x 7.2 inches SD and Wifi connectivity, High resolution touchsreen
⦁ Software buggy sometimes
QIDI Technology 18.3 x 12.6 x 14.8 inches ⦁ MET safety certification, Print complex materials
⦁ Print bed creates issues
Sindohs 22.8 x 22.2 x 22 inches ⦁ Solid, Fully assembled. LCD, Wbecame
⦁ No good quick start guide
Formlab forms 1 N/A ⦁ Easy, updating software, No calibration needed
⦁ Messy and sticky
Ultimaker 2 35.7 X 34.2 X 38.8 cm ⦁ Amazing micron layer resolution
⦁ Nozzle keeps clogging Check Price
Zortrax M200 N/A ⦁ Very quiet printing
⦁ Proprietary filament
Lulzbot Taz 6 35 x 26 x 12 inches ⦁ Auto levling, OBJ & STL files
⦁ Heating issues
Here are some of the best 3D printers list for you to choose the suitable printer:
Table of Contents
- 1 Makergear M2 3D printer
- 2 Flash forge 3D printer creator pro
- 3 LulzBot Mini
- 4 Flash forge dreamer 3D printer
- 5 QIDI Technology 3D printer
- 6 Sindohs 3D printer
- 7 Formlab forms 1 3D printer
- 8 Ultimaker 2 3D printer
- 9 Zortrax M200 3D Printer
- 10 Lulzbot Taz 6
- 11 Why a 3D Printer? – Buyer’s Guide
- 12 Build your own or Buy one?
- 13 Ending Note
Makergear M2 is a reliable 3D printer which is ranked the highest in the printer category of 2018. The series of M2 released in 2012 originally with following the 5th generation this year.
- The print quality is commendable with the reliable steel frame and construction of aluminum.
- It is featured with heated platform with the build of 254mm x 203mm x 203 mm. M2 prints both in ABS and PLA with a wide range of material from flexibles to thermoplastics, polycarbonate and more.
- The machine is easy to adjust with open source electronics and firmware. It allows the users to tweak the machine with interchangeable nozzles.
- It supports the slicing software.
- The maintenance is easy due to the dual extruder in the printer.
The reviewers have a positive view with the Makergear M2. The reliability and the ease of using this printer made the users satisfied which made each penny worth spending. It is for the long term use with working best for you to give you outclass performance. You have to learn about this printer before using it to full potential. The open chassis makes it hard to get started at first but eventually once you are used to it, it will get easier.
More than 90% users have been recommending the product as priority to purchase if you are looking for a great 3D printer. It is manufactured for both personal and professional use with giving full precision. The prints can be made nonstop without compromising on the quality. Available at a reasonable cost which can be delivered at your doorstep within several days of your purchase.
Flash forge 3D printer creator pro is one of the stable printed with metal frame and enclosed chassis. It includes features such as metal build plate, stabilization, durability, dual extruders and platform leveling system. The guide rod helps the machine to perform with stability throughout nonstop. It provides the prints in quality with full reliability where no extra work is required. The open source platform is for the tweaks to optimize the printer in order to use it to the full potential with making the best use of it.
It is affordable to purchase and one of the most preferable 3D printers among the list. Small adjustments needs to be made when you are operating it according to your own requirements. It provides full support to the community with providing a great experience to its users. The maintenance is very easy with the spare parts being found easily in the market. A support service is also available with the purchase of the spare parts.
It is considered best for the professionals or the intermediates to print without any interruptions.
- Full manufacturing warranty is provided with a lifetime support from the flash forge technicians.
- The enclosed chamber of the 3D printer makes sure to protect the ABS prints.
- The amazing features are found nowhere else except the flash forge creator pro 3D printer.
- The temperature can be regulated with the top cover for easy use.
- The wiring router can protect the package from wearing and tearing. Works best with ABS and PLA with the nozzle.
- Supports the STL file format.
- It is compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux.
There is no need to look out for the expensive printers now since all the needed features are found here with providing you an excellent object. If you are someone who is just a beginner then this product is the best to get started with!
The lulzbot Mini has become one of the most popular 3D printing of 2018. It is a series of lulzbot 3D printers where lulzbot mini serves as the best printer. The price is affordable with the expertise of operating it. There are intelligent features such as self-cleaning nozzle, auto-leveling bed, metal hot end and amazing plug n play machine. As soon as you get product, it is up for running within 15 minutes. The reliable 3D printer is well built with giving outstanding prints within few minutes. According to the users, it is one of the best purchase in years making the customers happy.
The lulzbot customer support is always available to help with any issues you face with the 3D printer.
- The support is absolutely free with the purchase of the product. The luzbot mini 3D printer has been among the top second time in the row.
- You have to keep the printer connected with the computer constantly for it to operate continuously.
- The lulzbot mini is considered as an excellent machine with maintaining the class. It introduces people easily to the world of 3D printer with creating fascinating experience.
Every user of the mini 3D printing machine has been recommending the product. The demand is very high with the creative design and usage of the product. It delivers perfect results to the users which is suitable for everyone in the community.
Flash forge dreamer 3D printer 2018 allows you to design the tangible objects with the awesome printer. The plastic alloy frame of the printer is amazing with the touchscreen to operate easily. It protects the prints with the enclosed chamber with the balanced air flow to keep the insulation going normal. It is compatible with Slicer slicing with full warranty when you purchase it. Free email support is always available by flash forge if you face any issues with the product upon usage. Flash forge is rated among trusted 3D printers in the market.
- It is the most advanced printer with providing excellent perforce and design. The connectivity is through the Wi-Fi and SD port to make it easier to transfer the data.
- The build volume is 230 x 150 x 140mm. It has a high resolution touchscreen with full warranty by the company.
- Supports STL file format.
- Full support is provided by the technicians if you face any issue with the machine. The price is affordable with all the amazing features with printing on high quality.
- The filament compatibility is with ABS, PLA and PVA software. It can run on Mac and Windows.
Qidi Technology 3D printer is available with dual extruder with RoHS certification. The Qidi technology is registered and verified with the trademark. The aluminum plate is flat which does not wrap during the heating process time. The software is easy to use with the customized model. External frame is made of metal with a stronger PVC plate with the wooden frame internally. It supports plastics without being heated internally. The spray paint technology makes it strong enough to provide excellent results to the users making the printing more stable.
- It is preferable to print with ABS filament for better results and if printing with PLA filament then keep the printer ventilated.
- Qidi has obtained a MET safety certification.
- The customer support is available 24/7 to provide solutions to the issues.
- It has a turbofan with the cooling function to keep it running smoothly without any interruption.
- You are able to print complex materials which are compatible with the software of Qidi.
- High quality printing which can be easily operated by anyone.
Sindohs 3D printer 2018 has an automatic loading and unloading of the filament with providing quality prints to the users. You simply have to insert the cartridge and rest of the work will be done automatically. The leveling system is commendable with automatic bed leveling. It has various connecting options such as Wi-Fi, USB cable, USB drive and Ethernet. You can easily use the built in camera for the remote use through the desktop, laptop or smartphone. One of the most efficient 3D printer which is loved by the users in an affordable price.
- The 5 inch display screen provides perfect friendly instructions to operate the machine with the touch screen option.
- There are spare parts available with the company which can be exchanged within 3 months of the product purchase.
- Sindohs specializes in designing printers all over the world from developing 2D printers and now 3D printers in the market.
- The professional 3D printer is unique and user friendly in the market which was long awaited by the loyal users.
- The printing is very easy with the Sindohs 3D printer which involves retrieving, cutting, small openings and more. The system is simple and quick to use.
- The leveling of the bed ensures the printing on time with the slanted surface. You won’t find any difficulty in following the instructions to operate the machine.
- You can print whether you wish to operate at night or day with the help of LED light built in the system.
You simply have to download the mobile application of 3DWOX in your smartphone to check on the printing progress and to stay updated. It makes your life to operate it even if you are not near it. If you use it professionally then you do not need to be near it all the time but put it on processing and handle it with the mobile app. It will keep on performing continuously with the instructions you have installed. Makes your life easier and less time is spend when you can do something else important!
An amazing 3D printer with high quality and beautiful design which you would definitely wish to have. Formlab forms 1 printer is high in power and resolution. The professional machines is best for your desktop. The system is easy to use with the high end prints with a reasonable cost. The low cost 3D printer set the standards of professional designer for you. The 3D printer gives you amazing output without being complex. Once you connect the device with the computer, it operated by itself to provide you the best results. A simple touch of button at the front will get you the most creative design from the 3D printer.
- The software in this printer is easy to use and efficient.
- You do not have to spend much time at setting up the printer or designing. It reads the desktop and the design to work best for you.
- This printer has been rated among the best in the 3D printers available in the market. It keeps your desktop organized through the post processing kit available with the machine.
- You will have a masterpiece at the end of the process.
- The machine supports STL models with any 3D package. No matter how complex or geometrical the design is, it will be easily made for you by few clicks.
Once you purchase the item, full customer support will be provided for the lifetime. The design of this printer has won the innovation award in 2014 and has brought improvements with today’s version. Above 90% of the users recommend this product with a reasonable cost, you get all the facilities in just one 3D printer.
Ultimaker 2 3D printer is an updated version of the Ultimaker 2016 model. There have been multiple improvements to the model. You can make an easy switch of nozzles in this printer such as 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8 mm. The more you increase on the nozzles, the faster it will print for you. The quality of printing is not compromised whether you print on low or high nozzle. All the premium materials have been used to construct the machine. It allows the ABS printing a lot with heated bed prints.
The feeder allows you to correct the posture of the filament as well as swap it anytime. New fan caps make sure the airflow is balanced between the nozzles and stays equally on each side. The ultimaker 2 printer is reliable and easy to use with being a great experience for the users.
- It is capable of amazing micron layer resolution with making it best for the consumer use.
- The dimensions of the printer is 35.7 x 34.2 x 38.8 cm. the total weight is 11 kg.
- It is already assembled so you do not have to worry about that.
- It supports the slicing software.
- It connects through the SD card and USB cable to make it convenient for the storage as well. It supports Mac, Windows and Linux Ubuntu system with files of OBJ, DAE and STL.
Creating an object out of the ultimaker 3D printer is one of the easiest if you are a beginning. It provides you quick operations with sending the information directly to the machine through the slicing software to create the object in layers. If you are fond of the ultimaker versions of printers then you would surely know the awesome quality and maintenance of this product.
Zortrax M200 has the highest rate among the plug and play 3D printers. The side covers ensure high performance with safety.
- The layer resolution is 90 microns along with the build volume of 200 x 200 x 185mm.
- The side covers and plus parts are available with the printer for it to be installed and up running right out of the box.
- The innovative design of the product flattened a lot in the market with the reasonable price.
- Supports STL files format.
- It runs smoothly on the continuous process for both personal and professional use.
- You can save the data or connect the printer to the desktop without any hassle. SD card slot is available to store the data to be used again.
Users have been loving the results and the quality of prints within few minutes. It provides high level printing with being reliable at the users end. Zortrax team is always there for the support whenever any issues arise with the machine. You can email or call the company to get the issues fixed anytime you want.
The innovative design of Lolzbot taz 6 2018 has impressed many in the market with being among the top 10 3D printers. It is self-cleaning and self-leveling printing machine. The powerful integrated power makes the printing easier. It is flexible to use and has multi-material upgrades. It prints in large volume with maintaining the quality. It has a free software with open source hardware being open to innovations. It provides tether less printing which enables large printing and small printing at once. The build is 280mm x 250 mm x 250 mm with the maximum temperature of 572 F. it has a plug and play feature with various print heads for the filament materials.
- You can get a new clean start every time you wish to run the machine with level printing of high quality.
- The level bed adjusts automatically with the new clean start. It has one of the largest build volume among the 3D printers.
- There are spare parts available whether they are small or large to maintain the printer for a long time.
- You can easily load your files and slice them to print quickly. The software is free in this machine which makes it worth having it.
- You never have to pay for the upgrades neither the source code to operate the printer.
- The printer is compatible with Linux, Mac and Windows.
- It supports the OBJ files as well as STL files.
- Supports the slicing software.
The printers are tested and proven with running it 24 hours straight with highlight the fact of reliability as a prior feature. The printer is trouble free with all the components working long life. The TAZ 6 is built to long last whether you use it professionally or personally.
Why a 3D Printer? – Buyer’s Guide
3D printers are a new trend in the market which is not known to many yet. It is preferably used by the professionals or in the manufacturing plants to make the processing easier. Technology keeps on bringing convenience for the people with confusing them with so many choices along with it.
Printers are essential for everyone nowadays because of the advanced technology. Everything is accessed and operated on computers which are connected to the printers when you need the hard copy of it.
The 3D printers provide you a great experience of getting the actual object in your hand with the help of technology used in the machine. The machine is bigger than the usual printers with heavy techs installed. The printers are reliable and once you purchase it, it can be used for lifetime easily.
How to choose the best among the best 3D printers?
You will be able to get an idea of multiple 3D printers which are popular in the industry nowadays. It is upon your choice which printer is suitable for you and how easily you will be able to handle it. You have to make the process efficient for yourself whether it is for professional or personal use. There are different features and compatibilities with each printer which you can consider to make a purchase.
A lot of 3D printers would have similar features which would confuse you so the best thing is to list down the features which you require and then note the ones which have those features. Keep narrowing down your choices and eventually you will reach to a final decision.
What do you need to consider first to purchase a 3D printer?
Once you have decided to purchase the 3D printer then there are some of the things which you need to consider at prior. There are a lot of things which you can make out of the 3D printer such as phone case, figurines, musical instruments, cosplay materials and a lot of other things which you would like but before that, you have to consider certain factors before you dive into the 3D printing world. It is a complete different world which will fill your life with fascination and beauties around you.
There are a lot of 3D printers in the market which can confuse you to pick the best. Well, certain specifications and features can help you take a wise decision. Everyone has different demands which is why there are endless options to purchase the 3D printer. There are different technicalities with each printing machine which needs to be looked into. Here is a list of somethings which you need to know before you make a purchase of 3D printer.
Different Types of 3D printers
Once you start browsing different printers, you will be able to see various options. Some may look beautiful in design and some may look pretty simple. Each of the 3D printer provides you the physical material in reality by using the FDM, Fused Deposition Modeling. It is an additive process which creates the model of the image with heating the plastic and extruding it to a shape. It gets prepared into layers. All the 3D printers work upon the FDM to give the best results to the users.
There are two types of 3D printing which is Stereolithography and SLS, Selective Laser Sintering. These two types are more expensive than FDM. Stereolithography uses the ultraviolet light to make the model hard with making it photosensitive liquid. You will be able to get high quality printout with this type of printing. It is mostly considered when you are using the 3D printing for professional use for the community. The SLS is somewhat similar to the first type but instead of ultraviolet beam, it uses the lasers and powders to print. The powder is melted through the heat of laser which creates a layer of the material to print. There are different layers to form the object and print it with quality.
Build your own or Buy one?
The community of 3D printing also excels in making the printers by themselves. So it is not hard to get involved with them to build your own personalized printer. The instructions and full support is provided to make your own 3D printer. It does require heavy investment but it takes a while if you don’t belong to the related industry. It will definitely be cheaper to build your own printer rather than buying a new one.
Building one printer would be really fascinating for the people who are interested in technology and love to play with instruments. If you are someone who is just concerned with the printing then prefer to buy one. If you are short of time then for sure you have to purchase the assembled printer to keep the work going on your end. It depends upon your interest and the timeframe you have to build your own 3D printer.
What to Consider Before Buying a 3D Printer?
One of the thing which makes the reader conscious is the price of the 3D printers. They are expensive than the other printers which you used to have in home so do not be in a misconception of the similar price. The prices of the 3D printer depends upon the quality of the output. The more expensive, the better quality prints you will get. Mostly the professionals prefer the most expensive one because they have to provide the best quality to the customers. The highest quality 3D printers are always above $1000 or they can even go beyond $2000. If you are using for the personal use then you can start with the basic model which will most likely cost you under $100.
If any new version or series of the same product comes in the market with higher quality then the previous one is less than the new one. So it depends upon the improvement and the quality of the printer which it provides to the user. The prices are excluding the material which you will need to print the objects. If you include the material price then it will surely be increased depending on different kinds of the materials you wish to use.
There are two kind so materials which are used in the 3D printing. The first one is PLA, Poly Lactic Acid and other is ABS, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. These both are soft materials which are heated by laser or ultraviolet bean depending upon the printer which you have. The materials can be bought in a bulk of KGs and the cost may vary from $25-$35.
PLA is a plastic which is derived from corn starch. Beginners can make the best use of it to learn about 3D printing. You can create small and simple household items which can be cooled down quickly. It gives a glossy look to the object which gets printed.
ABS is a petroleum based plastic which is best for flexibility and strength. It is best to interlock the pieces to create and to work with. Most of the printers support ABS because anything can be printed out of ABS. it is considered the best choice to get the quality results out of the 3D printing.
You have to think which material is suitable for the product which you are trying to print. The type of printer matters in the selection of material which is why it is better to choose a printer which supports both material. It will get easier for you to operate any of these whenever you need to. The quality will not be compromised if you consider to purchase the printer which supports both types of the material.
Safety is the biggest factor to consider when it comes to 3D printing. You work with heated plastic which is risky due to which you need to be careful. Sometimes the printing bed can get too hot and unknowingly if you touch it, it can give bad burns. Some of the printers have enclosed chambers which are easy to operate. Consider to get the one which has walls around it so that you are safe to use it especially if it is for the personal use.
Stay away from the printer when it is in process if you have purchased one without the doors. Let it cool down after the usage before you touch it. It operates in high heating so it is important that you take all the necessary cautions.
Make sure to keep the printer in a room which is ventilated and the airflow is normal. A room which has windows so when you operate the machine, the windows should be open. The fumes are evaporated during the operation of the machine which can have bad effects on the health and breathing. So it is better to take the precautions while you are using the 3D printing machine whether professionally or personally.
Prefer not to make any kitchenware out of the 3D printer since it will be a heated plastic which can leave contaminants in the foods. You can make household items such as decorations but not anything in which you have to serve food.
You need to note down two things when you are looking for a quality in the 3D printing machine. The printing speed and the resolution. Resolution makes it look clear and perfect and how fast it can print without any flaws in it. The detail level is determined by the resolution and how big the resolution is. The higher the extruder, the faster it will print. Acceleration and deceleration helps the printer to stay stable while printing so it can also have an effect on the speed of printing.
You have to see the output to know the quality of the printer. So make sure to check on the output before deciding on the purchase of 3D printer. The best recommendation would be that you do not compromise upon the quality of the prints. If you are spending a lot of money then focus on the quality rather than the design of the product. For a professional, it is better to invest big so that you can keep on getting the output for a long time without facing any issues or obstacles in between your business.
STL files is a standard format to print the 3D model into the objects. You can generate the file through CAD when you are making your own 3D models. The software will automatically guide you to save in the similar format. The model is broken into triangles which coordinates to make an object. The object is created in layers upon the process.
Software are important for any machine to operate nowadays. It helps to run efficiently with guiding with the automated process installed in it while manufacturing. The features are related to the software which can guide you get the best 3D printer.
Once you have the STL file saved, the next step is to put it into the slicing software. The slicing tells the machine how to shape the model to become an object for you. The information which is needed to create the layer is provided through the slicing software. The information is regarding the parts of the model which needs to be filled and needs to stay hollow. The work is done automatically by the machine so you just have to do few clicks.
There are different software which each machine supports and it depends upon the manufacturing of the machine. There would be some machines which would provide you free software for the lifetime of the product and for some you would have to purchase or pay at the upgrades.
As everything which is trendy has a community, similar it is with the 3D printers. You can get connected with the community to stay in touch about the updates and the quality of the 3D printers. People in the community know a lot about the brands and insights. All your questions would be answered if you become a part of the community to know the ins and outs of the printer. Even if you purchase it, you can ask about any issue and people would be happy to provide you with the workable solutions.
The realistic approach of people will help you to choose among the best brands which can work for you longer. If you have people around you who are in the similar industry, then you can choose them as your community to get the guidance. It is the guidance which you need so you can get it from anywhere anytime. Community works best to take a decision because they are based on reality. People provide you the information based on their own experience which can help you identify the best brand to consider for the 3D printer.
Making a decision to choose the best 3D printer can become quite complex when you see a lot of options. Each printer has so many features which seems to make it work for you but you are not able to choose one. Well, it is better to pick the best three and then choose one from them. There would be some which will turn out to be a big “no” for you as soon as you read about it, so it is better to keep it out of the list. It all depends upon the choice and priority of the buyer. Look for your convenience and suitable before purchasing a brand of 3D printer. Do not overlook your own needs because of the popularity or the demand in the market because may be you would just need a simpler one and you end up buying the complex machine which would be waste for you.
The best 10 3D printers 2018 mentioned above are rated higher than 4 in the market upon the usage of the people from all around the world. The quality and reliability is the best feature in all of them. The rest of the features depends upon your usage of the product whether it is for professional or personal use.